Gain immediate visibility and control following lift-and-shift data migration
Moving data to the cloud delivers myriad benefits ranging from collaboration to full business growth. But it also comes with new challenges and new risks that can lead to data misuse, data exfiltration, and compliance violations that significantly impact your business.
The growing popularity of cloud infrastructure is driving organizations to move data to the cloud from their on-premise environments via “lift-and-shift” methodologies. To save time and ensure compatibility with the new infrastructure, data is packed up and housed on file systems and VMs in the cloud, without considering the data stored within. Such data is currently not managed by cloud-native tools and becomes a liability known as “shadow data” - untraceable and unmonitored data that also becomes a perfect target for hackers looking to monetize on organizational data.
Gain immediate visibility of your cloud data assets in PaaS, IaaS, and DBaaS deployments as they migrate to the cloud
- Find customer shadow data in unmanaged and unmonitored databases
- Discover and classify active and shadow data assets in AWS, Azure, GCP, and Snowflake to find PII, PCI, and other buried “crown jewels”
- Accelerate discovery with automated classifiers for all major regulations, including FTC, GLBA, and SOX
- Define custom classifiers to find sensitive information across managed and unmanaged data assets
Strengthen your data security posture and reduce exposure resulting from lift-and-shift operations
- Assess your data security posture across all data assets, including access permissions, data misconfigurations, and active identities
- Identify security blind spots such as DB backups containing sensitive information and data placed beyond relevant sovereignty rules